Building a Successful Research Career: Workshop 3: Research Supervision & Integrity
About This Workshop
There are many challenges inherent in the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students. This workshop discusses essential research supervision, integrity and ethics topics and includes practical strategies to avoid potential pitfalls.
Topics Will Include
- Researchers’ responsibilities
- Supervising undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Successful models of supervision
- Empowering candidates to manage the supervisor-student relationship
- Supporting your students to get published
- Warning signs that things aren’t going well and how to respond
Registration Fee (Workshop)
|Early Bird (before 30 April 2019)||RM400|
You can join a series of 5 related workshops at a discounted rate. The workshops are:
- Writing Winning Proposals
- Experimental Designs & Statistics
- Research Supervision & Integrity
- Research Project Management
- Scientific Writing & Publishing
Register for all 5 workshops HERE.
- Tan Sri Dato’ Dr Abu Bakar Suleiman
- Prof Datuk Lokman Hakim Sulaiman
- Professor Dr Chu Wan Loy
- Any cancellation of registration must be made in writing to the Secretariat of Short Course on Building a Successful Research Career.
- There will be a full refund of registration fee for cancellation made by 24 April 2019.
- There will be a 50% refund of registration fee for cancellation made before 24 May 2019.
- There will be a 30% refund of registration fee for cancellation made before 10 June 2019.
- There will be no refund of registration fee for cancellations made after 10 June 2019.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or change the topic of the programme, if for whatever reasons beyond its control, the programme cannot be held as scheduled or the topics need to be altered.
DECLARATION AND AUTHORISATION
- I confirm that the above information is correct and I will inform IMU when there is any change to this information.
- I have read, understood and consent to the processing of my personal data as set out in the enclosed Privacy Notice.
The organiser reserves the right to make such alterations to the programmes as circumstances dictate and will not accept responsibility for any errors, omissions or changes made to the speakers’ information. The views and opinions expressed by the speakers at this workshop are not necessarily the views and opinions of the organiser.