Building a Successful Research Career: Workshop 5: Scientific Writing & Publishing
About This Workshop
This interactive workshop will teach you powerful principles and strategies to plan, write, edit, submit and publish impactful scientific papers. The workshop focuses on the organization of a scientific research paper, with an emphasis on the two most difficult sections to write, Introduction and Discussion. It will also cover designing tables and figures and writing a clear and concise abstract and cover letter for submission to a science journal.
Topics Will Include
- Understand the publishing process, including why manuscripts get accepted/rejected
- Discuss construction of figures and tables
- In-class writing exercises include the allimportant abstract and a cover letter for submission of your manuscript to a journal
- Respond effectively to reviewers’ comments
Registration Fee (Workshop)
|Early Bird (before 30 April 2019)||RM400|
You can join a series of 5 related workshops at a discounted rate. The workshops are:
- Writing Winning Proposals
- Experimental Designs & Statistics
- Research Supervision & Integrity
- Research Project Management
- Scientific Writing & Publishing
Register for all 5 workshops HERE.
- Professor Dr Teng Cheong Lieng
- Professor Dr Gan Siew Hua
- Professor Dr Leong Chee Onn
- Any cancellation of registration must be made in writing to the Secretariat of Short Course on Building a Successful Research Career.
- There will be a full refund of registration fee for cancellation made by 24 April 2019.
- There will be a 50% refund of registration fee for cancellation made before 24 May 2019.
- There will be a 30% refund of registration fee for cancellation made before 10 June 2019.
- There will be no refund of registration fee for cancellations made after 10 June 2019.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or change the topic of the programme, if for whatever reasons beyond its control, the programme cannot be held as scheduled or the topics need to be altered.
DECLARATION AND AUTHORISATION
- I confirm that the above information is correct and I will inform IMU when there is any change to this information.
- I have read, understood and consent to the processing of my personal data as set out in the enclosed Privacy Notice.
The organiser reserves the right to make such alterations to the programmes as circumstances dictate and will not accept responsibility for any errors, omissions or changes made to the speakers’ information. The views and opinions expressed by the speakers at this workshop are not necessarily the views and opinions of the organiser.