Updates on Motivational Interviewing to Improve Lifestyle Changes in Type 2 Diabetes
Back by popular demand, this workshop is designed for health care practitioners who want to improve their counselling skills in helping people with diabetes change lifestyle related behaviour.
- Effective translation of evidence to clinical practice in prevention and management of Diabetes Mellitus – Linda Delahanty
- Updates on Motivational Interviewing to improve lifestyle changes in Type 2 Diabetes (Sustain vs Change talk) – Linda Snetselaar
- Hands-on skills development sessions in using Motivational Interviewing
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe how to plan evidence-based lifestyle interventions to real-life practice
- Demonstrate the ability to elicit, recognise and reinforce “change talk”
- Practice specific MI techniques to motivate behaviour change in patient with diabetes
Who should attend?
- Health / Wellness Industry Counsellors
Linda Snetselaar, RD, PhD, FAND, LD is the Associate Provost of Outreach and Engagement, Editorin-Chief, Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Endowed Chair Professor in the Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Iowa. Prof Linda Snetselaar is a registered dietitian who is known for her extensive work on behaviour change in nutrition interventions and involvement in landmark clinical trials including Women’s Health Initiative and MDRD studies. She is also the author of several books used as text references for nutrition counselling modules.
Linda Delahanty, MS, RD, LDN – Currently Chief Dietitian and Director of Nutrition and Behavioural Research at the Massachusetts General Hospital Diabetes Center and Assistant Professor in the Department of Medicine at Harvard Medical School. Delahanty is a nationally recognized authority on diabetes medical nutrition therapy and lifestyle interventions for the treatment of diabetes and obesity. She has served as Chair of the Dietitians Committee for the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial (DCCT) and co-Investigator on the Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP), the Action for Health in Diabetes (Look AHEAD) and the Treatment Options for Diabetes in Adolescents and Youth (TODAY) studies. Ms Delahanty is currently one of the Principal Investigators for the NIH-funded REAL HEALTH Diabetes study to translate the Look AHEAD lifestyle intervention into primary care. She has dedicated her career to planning evidence-based lifestyle interventions and improving outcomes for people with diabetes.
REGISTRATION FEE (inclusive of 6% GST)
|Non MDA members||RM250|