Speech, Language and Communication in Children – What We Should Know?
This is a one-day workshop titled “Speech, Language and Communication in Children – What We Should Know?”. It is designed for carers of young children in the age group of 4-7 years old. The carers may be teachers working in day care or kindergarten (the primary targeted participants), or parents.
The aims of this course are to:
- Create awareness of typical development in children’s language and communication
- Provide teachers and parents of kindergarten children with the information on how to identify, assist and manage their students, in the case of delayed speech, language and communication development
- Introduce the speech-language pathologists profession, how the SLPs work and their availability in the local context, to the parents and teachers
- Acquire knowledge in typical early childhood language and communication development
- Identify the right professional/s to refer to when they suspect a child has a language/communication delay or disorder
- Acquire basic skills to facilitate a young child’s language and communication abilities
- Dr Basyariatul Fathi Othman
Private Practitioner, Speech-Language Pathologist
- Tiffany Hun
Private Practitioner, Speech-Language Pathologist Hanen Certified
|Early Bird (By 14 September 2018)||RM400|