Short Course: Basic First Aid
- (2 days) – Tentative dates: TBA
This training course is a comprehensive yet simple first aid training course suitable for all age groups. This course provides the knowledge and skills to manage everyday first aid situations such as medical emergencies, management of wounds, bleeding, burns and simple sports injuries. Basic First Aid covers common scenarios including bleeding, burns, poisoning, shock, and respiratory emergencies.
This 2 days course will be conducted with theory and practical components, which are:
Theoretical components consist of discussions, sharing experience, presentations on topics:
- Introduction to First Aid
- Wound and Bleeding
- Basic Life Support
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Dressing, Bandages and Splints
- Moving the Victim
- Burn Injuries
- Eye Injuries
Practical components, where participants will be divided into small groups for:
- Use of manikin and simulated patient
- Demonstration given by facilitators and return demo by participants.
Intended learning outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Enhance their skills and knowledge in providing first aid response with confidence
- Respond to medical emergencies in a safe manner
Healthcare workers, caretakers, educators in schools or nursery, corporate and industrial workers, safety and security personnel. This course is recommended for participants who has no prior knowledge on emergency response.