Practice of Data Engineering – Application to Healthcare (1 Credit Hour)
COURSE DATE: 1 July 2024
This micro-credential course focuses on applying data engineering principles, methods and tools, as well as transformation and cleaning with application in Python programming in a healthcare environment.
Learners are expected to have interest in exploring new digital health knowledge.
Fundamental knowledge of Python programming is required, and learners must have completed the introductory micro-credential “Introduction to Health Data Collection and Preparation”, which serves as the fundamental course to introduce the basics of data science, data management and data engineering applied to healthcare.
Learn more about Master in Health Informatics and Analytics Programme
Mode of Delivery / Credit Hours
- Online Synchronous = 25 (%)
Online Asynchronous = 75 (%)
- Credit Hours: 1
- Apply the concepts of data collection and preparation in a healthcare environment.
- Propose a solution to a health-related data science problem using the Python programming language and libraries.
- The aim of the course is to apply Python codes to perform data collection, transformation and data cleaning in a healthcare environment.
- This micro-credential module focuses on applying the fundamentals of data collection and preparation using Python programming environment and libraries in a healthcare environment. Hands-on workshops that introduce real-world problems related to healthcare are the main focus of this module. Python libraries such as Matplotlib, NumPy, Pandas, ScikitLearn etc. will be introduced during the hands-on workshop.
- Learners who are interested in Master in Health Informatics and Analytics but are yet to commit to the full Master programme.
- Learners who are interested in data science applied to healthcare.
Health professionals who are interested in data science applied to healthcare.
- Other professionals who are interested in data science applied to healthcare.
REGISTRATION FEE (inclusive of SST)
|General / Public||RM1000|
|Students & Alumni||RM800|