KidneyINTERACT2023 & 3rd National Paediatric Bioethics Symposium: 12th National Paediatric Research Conference
- A1 – 20 (By MMA)
- A1 – 20 (By Academy of Medicine of Malaysia)
- Click HERE (By myCPD)
This face-to-face dynamic conference will be a joint effort by IMU School of Medicine in collaboration with the College of Paediatrics, Academy of Medicine, Malaysia.
By the end of the Symposium, delegates:
- Would have an updated and high yield education of paediatric nephrology leveraging on the expertise of national experts.
- Incorporate key ethical concepts of research ethics, public health ethics and clinical ethics in paediatrics
Keynote Speakers and Experts
- Tan Sri Dato’ Dr Abu Bakar Suleiman, Chairman IMU Group
- Professor Dr Steven Joffe, Art and Ilene Penn Professor of Medical Ethics & Health Policy and Professor of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania
- Dr Khor Swee Kheng, CEO, Angsana Health
- Datuk Dr Nor Asiah Bt Muhamad, National Institutes of Health, Malaysia
- A/Prof Dr Erwin Khoo, Fellow, Centre for Bioethics, Harvard Medical School
- Dr Chong Lee Ai, Universiti Malaya Medical Centre
- Dr Tan Ru Wei, Columbia Asia Hospital, Klang
- Dr Tan Hui Siu, Hospital Ampang
- Dr Caroline Eng, Hospital Tuanku Ja’afar Seremban
- Dr Lee Ming Lee, former Head of Paediatric Department, Hospital Tuanku Ja’afar Seremban
- Dr Yap Yok Chin, Hospital Tunku Azizah
- Dr Selva Kumar Sivapunniam, Hospital Selayang
- Dr Poongkodi Nagappan, Hospital Kuala Lumpur
- Associate Professor Dr Karmila Abu Bakar, Universiti Malaya Medical Centre
- Dr Tham Jia Yi, Hospital Tunku Azizah
- Dr Pauline Choo, Hospital Tuanku Ja’afar Seremban
- Professor Dr Tan Kah Kee, Perdana University
- Professor Dr Thong Meow Kheong, Universiti Malaya
- Professor Dr Cheah Fook Choe, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Dato’ Dr Soo Thian Lian, International Medical University
- Dr Winston Yong Sin Chuen, Pantai Hospital, Kuala Lumpur
- Dr Lim Yam Ngo, Prince Court Medical Centre
- Dr Neoh Siew Hong, Hospital Tunku Azizah
- Dr David Ng Chun-Ern, Hospital Tuanku Ja’afar Seremban
- Dr Michelle Chok, Hospital Tuanku Ja’afar Seremban
- Dr Juliana Hashim, Hospital Tuanku Ja’afar Seremban
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to showcase your research! Submit your abstract and get published in the indexed Malaysian Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health conference proceedings. Your valuable contribution will be recognised and shared with experts in the field. Join us and make a lasting impact on the world of research!
Abstract Submission Guidance
We invite you to showcase your work in this symposium. We accept abstracts related to any form of research work in the field of paediatrics, bioethics, and child health.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts must be submitted BY EMAIL in a Word document to [email protected]
- Presenting author’s contact details:
- Full first and family name
- Email address
- Affiliation details including department, institution, city, and state
- Abstract title: must be in UPPER CASE and limited to 25 words.
- Abstract text: limited to 250 words. Use a normal, plain font (e.g., 12-point Calibri) for text.
- Save your file in docx format (Word 2007 or higher) or doc format (older Word versions).
- You are also encouraged to submit a visual/graphical abstract along with your written abstract. The former must be submitted as ppt.
- Images (if relevant) – The maximum file size of each image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload images in JPG, GIF or PNG format.
- Abstracts should clearly state the following:
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
- Use generic names of drugs. The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- You shall receive email to confirm receipt and acceptance of submission.
The presenting author must be a registered full delegate. Abstracts may be submitted for oral or poster presentation or both. The Scientific Committee will determine if the abstract will be accepted for oral presentation, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
PRIZES (ORAL PRESENTATIONS)
- First place – RM1,000
- Second place – RM600
- Third place – RM400
PRIZES (POSTER PRESENTATIONS)
- First place – RM500
- Second place – RM300
- Third place – RM200
REGISTRATION FEE (inclusive of SST)
|Full Deligate * (2 Days)||Day Deligate (either day 1 or 2)||Mock Exam as candidate *||Mock Exam as observer *|
|Early Bird (By 31 July 2023)||RM300||RM200||RM600||RM300|
*A full delegate may submit an abstract and/or register for the Mock Exam.
*Limited to 24 candidates and 24 observers.
- Any cancellation of registration must be made in writing to the Secretariat of KidneyINTERACT2023 & 3rd National Paediatric Bioethics Symposium.
- There will be a full refund of registration fee for cancellation made by 25 June 2023.
- There will be a 50% refund of registration fee for cancellation made before 25 July 2023.
- There will be a 30% refund of registration fee for cancellation made before 11 August 2023.
- There will be no refund of registration fee for cancellations made after 11 August 2023.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or change the topic or trainer of the symposium, if for whatever reasons beyond its control, the symposium cannot be held as scheduled or the topics need to be altered.