International Dental Students’ Conference (IDSC) 2023 – Academic and Clinical Expertise Through Research (Hybrid Conference)
The conference will focus mainly on the following topics
• Evidence-based research • Minimally invasive dentistry • Periodontal regeneration • Prosthodontics and implant dentistry • Paediatric dentistry • Endodontics • Dental biomaterials • Oral medicine/pathology and radiology/oral surgery • Orthodontics • Dental public health
- A2 – 6 (By MDC) Conference
- A3 – 4 (By MDC) Post Conference workshops
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
International Medical University, School of Dentistry, will be organising its annual International Dental Students’ Conference (IDSC) to be held on 6 – 7 May 2023. The theme of this conference is “Academic and Clinical Expertise Through Research” that aims to provide a platform to enhance research knowledge and clinical skills of dental practitioners, researchers, undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- To provide a platform for undergraduate and postgraduate students, researchers, and dental practitioners to share their clinical and research work.
- To provide an opportunity for dental practitioners, researchers, and undergraduate and postgraduate students to interact and collaborate with participants from other Universities.
- To enhance the research knowledge and clinical skills of undergraduate and postgraduate students, dental practitioners, and researchers.
KEY ATTRACTIONS OF THE CONFERENCE
- Keynote lectures
- Oral presentation of original research and systematic reviews
- Clinical case presentations
- Graphical abstracts competition
- Oral health promotion video competition
- Dental photography competition
- Dental quiz competition
- Post Conference workshops | Sunday, 7 May 2023 | 2:30pm – 5:30pm
– Dental undergraduate and postgraduate students
– Dental researchers/educators
– Dental graduates
– Dental practitioners
– Ministry of Health dental officers
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Instructions to read before submission of the abstract
The Scientific Committee is delighted to invite you to submit abstracts for the following 6 presentation categories.
- Oral presentation (Research)
- Clinical case presentation (case report OR case series)
- Oral health promotion video
- Dental photography competition
- Quiz competition
- Graphical abstract competition
To participate in any of the above six competition categories, the first author or the presenting author must be registered for the conference held.
The first author will receive a notification regarding the approval as well as information regarding date and time of the presentations well in advance.
Awards in Each Category
1st place = RM300.00
2nd place: RM200.00
Abstract Submission Deadline: 28 April 2023
The first author will receive a notification regarding the approval by 20 April 2023. Submission of FINAL presentation slides and videos for all categories: 27 April 2023. Information regarding date and time of the presentations will be notified by 2 May 2023.
How to submit your abstract?
- Please register in order to proceed to submit abstract (payment is not required at present). Click HERE to register.
- Read through the abstract submission guidelines.
- Click HERE for abstract submission form and email to [email protected].
- Alternatively, for any queries regarding abstract submission process and the presentations, contact the conference secretariat at [email protected]
Dental Quiz competition updated rules.
- Dental Quiz competition is scheduled on 30 April 2023, from 10:30am – 12:30pm, Malaysian time.
- A team of three (3) students, can register to participate in the dental quiz. The registration fee for three (3) team members is RM200. Three (3) students from the same institution (preferably from different years) can form a team representing your institution. Each team can register for a discounted price of RM200 to take part in the quiz. The last date for registration is 26 April 2023.
- All three participants on the team can attend the conference (online only) for both days. However, with this registration, participants are not entitled to take part in other competitions during the conference.
- If a team wishes to take part in the dental quiz alone without access to the conference, then a team can register at a further discounted price of RM100, but without access to the conference.
- All entries should be received within the stipulated time (by 26 April 2023) online (email [email protected]).
- There is no limit to the number of teams from each university or institution.
- Interested teams are instructed to fill out the form and pay RM200 (with conference access) or RM100 (without conference access) and email the payment proof (bank transaction slip) to [email protected]
Sign up HERE
REGISTRATION FEE (inclusive of SST)
|ONSITE: Early Bird (Before 15 March 2023)||RM250|
|ONLINE: Early Bird (Before 15 March 2023)||RM125|
* Take advantage of Group Discounts (5 pax or more). Please email [email protected] for information on Group Discounts.
- Any cancellation of registration must be made in writing to the Secretariat of INTERNATIONAL DENTAL STUDENTS’ CONFERENCE (IDSC) 2023.
- There will be a full refund of registration fee for cancellation made by 6 March 2023.
- There will be a 50% refund of registration fee for cancellation made before 6 April 2023.
- There will be a 30% refund of registration fee for cancellation made before 22 April 2023.
- There will be no refund of registration fee for cancellations made after 22 April 2023.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or change the topic or trainer of the workshop, if for whatever reasons beyond its control, the workshop cannot be held as scheduled or the topics need to be altered.