IMU Nursing Colloquium 2018 – Embracing Change: Nursing in the 21st Century
Change is inevitable. In order to remain competitive in this ever-changing environment, healthcare organisations need to improve their resources and services. For nurses, all of this change can have a profound impact on their day-to-day work. In order to embrace the changes, nurses must be a change agent.
This colloquium will provide a platform for representatives from education, industry and policy makers, to deliberate, exchange views and experiences to be better prepared for the 21st century. We anticipate a great deal of useful information can be drawn from the gathering of expertise.
- To enhance awareness of future direction in nursing profession.
- To highlight strategies in meeting the needs of nursing in 21st century.
- Dato’ Dr Hj. Azman bin Abu Bakar
Deputy Director General of Health (Public Health) Ministry of Health Malaysia
- Prof Abdul Aziz Baba
President, IMU Health, Vice-Chancellor & CEO, IMU Education
- Prof Claudia Lai
Director, Centre for Gerontology Nursing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
SESSION 1: KEYNOTE SPEECHES
Keynote 1: Global Health Nursing in the 21st Century: Strengthening the Workforce
YBhg Dato’ Dr Hj. Azman bin Abu Bakar
Keynote 2: Way Forward for Healthcare: IMU Perspective
Prof Abdul Aziz Baba
Keynote 3: Nursing Role in Shaping the Future of Global Health
Prof Claudia Lai
SESSION 2: NURSING COLLOQUIUM
(Theme: Perspectives on Challenges and Expectations for Nursing in the 21st Century)
- 21st Century Challenges, Embracing Change: Are We Ready?
Hjh Tumble binti Ngadiran @ Tomblow
- Challenges and Strategies in Reshaping the Nursing Workforce in Malaysia: Are We on the Right Track?
- Healthcare Transformation and Changing Role in 21st Nursing
Dr Chong Su Lin
- Nursing Education: Are You Ready for the 21st Century?
Dr Mohd Said Nurumal
- Expectations of Stakeholders from 21st Century Nurses
Akhilesh Kumar Chand @ Akhi
- Curriculum Design for Nurses in the 21st Century
Prof Claudia Lai