House Officer Preparatory & Bridging Course: Excel in the Clinical Foundation Training
This intensive house officer bridging course will prepare you for the challenges of housemanship. Through a mixture of seminars, hands-on sessions and simulation stations you will be up to speed with the necessary clinical and communication skills to negotiate common patient encounters and emergency situations. Valuable tips from experts in their field will ensure that you will develop skills to face your houseman role with confidence.
- To impart “hands-on” experience in procedures commonly encountered in housemanship
- To gain experience on the management of common medical and surgical encounters
- To develop the essential skills in approaching common emergencies
- To impart the necessary skills in negotiating difficult patient encounters
- To develop strategies on coping with job-related stress
- To give some of those lesser known “top tips” to help you get ready for those exciting first day on the wards!
AMONG THE BLENDED SEMINARS AND PRACTICAL SKILLS SESSIONS:
- Acute emergencies – the houseman’s role
- ECG, CXR and results interpretation – what next for a house officer?
- Neonatal Resuscitation Programme
- The pocket essentials in Paediatrics – don’t forget that toy!
- Blood transfusion, IV fluids and insulin
- Performing a spontaneous vaginal delivery
- Pleural aspiration, chest tube and urinary catheterization
- Consent – what not to do!
- Dealing with burnout. Coping with stress
- Effective communication skills for challenging patients and staff
- Assisting the irritated Specialist: Learn to be efficient and competent
- Prof Dato’ Dr Kandasami
Master of Academy of Medicine of Malaysia, Surgery
- Prof Dato’ Dr Sivalingam Nalliah
- Prof Zainur Rashid
- Prof Lum Siew Kheong
- Prof Kwa Siew Kim
- Prof Dr James Koh
- A/Prof Datuk Dr Kuan Geok Lan
- A/Prof Datuk Dr Soo Thian Lian
- A/Prof Datuk Dr Sethuraman Nagappan
- A/Prof Dr Arshad Ikram
- And many more esteemed clinicians…
|Early Bird (By 30 September 2018)||RM400|