Gene Editing Tools CRISPR/Cas9
Date: 18 – 20 October 2019 (Friday to Sunday)
This rigorous three-day workshop will introduce the participants to genome editing and cell engineering using the CRISPR/Cas9 system. This workshop features several cutting-edge presentations on CRISPR principles along with intensive hands-on sessions.
Participants will learn about various effective strategies for a successful project design. CRISPR/Cas9 is an advanced technology for genome editing that enables scientists to edit parts of the genome by altering the gene sequence. Grab this chance and join this workshop to learn more about the principles and applications of this tool.
The workshop also provides few hands-on sessions to engage the participants in in vitro-transcribed (IVT) guide RNA (gRNA) set up, culture and transfection of HEK293 cells, setting up a genomic cleavage detection (GCD) assay and gel analysis of GCD.
- To provide basic information and knowledge on the current gene editing tools
- To provide hands-on sessions in the setting and development of CRISPR/ Cas9 system which include application of bioinformatics tools, generation of gene knockouts/ knock-ins, and target
- To provide a platform for participants from various fields to share and discuss their experience in gene editing
- Dr Vincent Chang
Application Specialist, Interscience Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Ong Sing Hui
Product Specialist, Interscience Sdn Bhd
- Allows participants to understand the principles and the workflow of CRISPR tool
- Enables participants to apply and adopt CRISPR technology into their research when they work on different host systems
- Introduces the application of CRISPR in non-mammalian systems such as plant, bacteria and yeast
|Early Bird (by 31 August 2019)||RM1200|
|Group (3 or more pax)||RM1200/pax|