Gastrointestinal Pathology Workshop
- This workshop presents a broad overview of many areas of gastrointestinal pathology and is presented by national and international faculty with expertise in the field of gastrointestinal pathology.
- The workshop is designed to update academic, practicing pathologists and those in the community with new advances in gastrointestinal pathology, and to provide aids in diagnosis based on conventional morphologic analysis, as well as updates on new techniques, such as immunohistochemistry and molecular pathology.
- The program features up to date and state of art talks and slide seminars with discussion of diagnostic challenges.
- Each registrant will receive comprehensive course materials.
- This workshop is designed to update pathologists and physicians on advances in the understanding of gastrointestinal diseases.
- It also addresses problems faced during the pathologic evaluation of tissue samples, and provide pathologists with a framework for interpretation of both histologic patterns of disease and results of molecular analyses.
- The program will consist of lectures, case presentations and discussions designed to provide attendees with an in-depth discussion of diagnostic problems that arise when evaluating materials obtained from the gastrointestinal tract and inform them regarding the application of molecular studies in the diagnosis and classification of these diseases.
- A compilation of presentations, lecture notes, and reference citations will be
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Practicing & Academic Pathologists
- Practicing & Academic Gastroenterologists
- Pathology Residents
- Gastroenterology Residents
- General Practitioners
- Interested Medical Students
Prof C. Soon Lee holds the position of Foundation Professor and Chair of Pathology, University of Western Sydney and the honorary position of Clinical Professor and Head, Cancer Pathology, Bosch Institute, University of Sydney. His research interests are in head & neck, colorectal, prostate, breast and upper GI cancers. He is currently the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Clinical Pathology.
Prof Ray MacMahon, is a Professor and Hospital Dean of Central Manchester & Manchester Children’s Foundation Trust. He is an honorary Consultant Pathologist at Manchester Royal Infirmary. His clinical specialties are gastrointestinal and liver pathology. He is the secretary for the International Academy of Pathology and treasurer for its British division. He had chaired the histopathology examiners’ panel of the Royal College of Pathologists.
Datin Dr Nik Raihan Nik Mustapha heads the Histopathology Unit, Department of Pathology, Hospital Sultanah Bahiyah, Alor Setar. She has special interests in liver and gastrointestinal pathology. She heads the Pathology Section for the National Cancer Patient Registry: Colorectal Cancer. Dr Heung Chong is a Consultant Histopathologist at St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, London. He works exclusively in Gastrointestinal and Skin pathology, and has been involved in the UK Bowel Cancer Screening Programme since its inception and is currently the lead pathologist for the screening programme in the South West London sector.
REGISTRATION FEE (inclusive of 6% GST)