Enhancing Clinical Assessment Using Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
Imaging is an important diagnostic tool in the clinical assessment of dental patients. The introduction of cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) that is specifically dedicated to imaging maxillofacial region heralds a paradigm shift from a 2D to a 3D approach to data acquisition and image reconstruction.
The International Medical University (IMU), School of Dentistry, is organising a full day workshop, that encompasses lectures from experience speakers who used CBCT successfully and hands-on training in manipulating CBCT images for diagnosis, treatment planning and guide operative and surgical procedures in implant dentistry, oral surgery, endodontics and orthodontics.
Participants will be paired and each pair will have hands-on experience on a laptop working on cases.
- To enhance the diagnosis and treatment planning skills of dental clinicians through the application of CBCT.
- To apply CBCT in implant dentistry, oral surgery, endodontics and orthodontics through hands-on CBCT experience.
- Private Specialists and General Dental Practitioners.
- Ministry of Health Specialists and Dental Officers.
- Dental Academic Staff and Students.
- To understand the basic principles on the use of CBCT in dental practice.
- To apply CBCT for specific dental treatment and to predict and evaluate artifacts in CBCT scans.
- To apply CBCT imaging in pre-implant treatment planning.
- To indicate cases that would benefit from the use of CBCT in oral surgical planning, endodontics and orthodontic procedures.
Keynote Speakers and Facilitators
- Prof Phrabhakaran Nambiar
Oral Radiologist and Forensic Dentist
- Prof Swati Yeshwant Rawal
- Dr Naresh Shetty
- Dr Sham Kishor Kanneppady
- Dr Thomas Mathew
- Dr Shekhar Bhatia
Registration Fee (All fees inclusive GST 6%)
Registration will be on first come first serve basis as the workshop is limited to only 30 participants