Division of Chiropractic Workshop 1, 2 & 3
The International Medical University (IMU), Division of Chiropractic is pleased to announce a Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
This workshop will provide it’s delegates with an objective hands on experience of the various tapes and techniques available.
These full day practical workshops are designed to provide up to date information and instruction to maximize the participant’s ability to apply and use current taping methods as a treatment modality. This trilogy of workshops is best taken in succession and designed to cater to a busy working professional’s lifestyle and will build on each other.
- Athletic and elastic taping.
- Certificates of attendance will be provided.
- Participants will be able to use these taping techniques in clinical practice and on the field management of sport’s injuries.
- All taping consumables will be provided.
- Lunch is included.
- Space is limited to ensure adequate contact time.
The aims of applying athletic and elastic tape are to:
- Support muscle movement
- Assist in muscle recovery
- Promote lymphatic drainage
- Help with pain management
- Improve kinesthetic awareness
- Delays muscle fatigue
- Decompresses an area of swelling
- To understand when to use which taping strategy
- Promote blood flow
|Workshop 1: Fundamentals of athletic taping||12 June 2016, Sunday|
|Workshop 2: Fundamentals of elastic taping||26 June 2016, Sunday|
|Workshop 3: Advanced therapeutic elastic and athletic taping||4 September 2016, Sunday|
- To determine when taping is appropriate for patients/clients
- To use taping as a profitable adjunctive manual technique
- To learn how to market your newly acquired clinical skill set
- To learn how to effectively apply taping methods
- Explore the applications of taping for athletic injuries
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Physical therapists
- Athletic trainers
- TCM providers
- Healthcare professionals
- Complementary therapists
- Students, recent graduates and practicing professionals with an interest in rehabilitation of sports injuries using taping strategies would tremendously benefit from this trilogy of workshops.
The workshop will be delivered by IMU’s renowned clinical and academic expert Dr Eric Mumbauer. Dr Mumbauer has been in full time practice since 1976 and has practiced Athletic Taping since 1978. Additionally Dr Mumbauer has over 800 hours of chiropractic and orthopedic training in the areas of rehabilitation science. Over the last 25 years Dr Mumbauer has extensively trained in various taping techniques including Kinesio Tape, Rock Tape, Spider Tape and AeroFlex Tape.
Dr Mumbauer’s has worked with various sports teams across North America. Additionally, Dr Mumbauer’s interest in downhill skiing afforded his expertise as an adjunctive medical staff for professional ski teams across North America. Dr Mumbauer’s independent overview of elastic taping will highlight all of the best aspects of many different products available on the market. Dr Mumbauer in his spare time enjoys volunteering and keeping up to date on current rehabilitation trends. He has volunteered for track and field teams, and was a National Ski Patroller for mountain rescue for over 10 years.
Registration Fee (All fees inclusive GST 6%)
|Regular||RM500 / workshop|
|IMU Alumni||RM350 / workshop|