Demystifying Molar Endodontics 2023
- A3 – 20 (By MDC)
- Mentoring sessions by experienced endodontists
- Hands-on experience using dental operating microscope & loupes
- Bring home materials and instruments worth more than RM1,000
- Collect CPD points
Molar endodontics often present with various challenges to the clinician. These may include difficulty in isolation, access preparation, negotiation of curved/calcified canals, disinfection and obturation. Therefore, this course is designed for dental practitioners who wish to perform molar endodontics with higher confidence and predictable clinical outcome. It will focus on a systematic clinical diagnostic and treatment protocol in the endodontic management of molar teeth with minimal to moderate difficulty.
The first part of the course includes three days of lectures, demonstrations and hands-on workshops on extracted teeth highlighting the benefits of illumination/magnification using operating microscopes, ultrasonics, advanced rotary canal preparation, newer irrigation devices, thermoplasticised obturation techniques/systems and latest bulkfil materials to achieve predictable coronal seal.
The second part includes 4 mentoring sessions, case based learning, reflection and discussion.
Certificate of attendance with CPD points will be provided at end of the course.
To be eligible for a certificate of successful completion of training in molar endodontics, participants will submit a reflective report of 1 completed case for assessment.
Upon completion of the programme, the candidate should be able to:
- Apply the fundamental knowledge of endodontics in clinical practice
- Manage endodontic cases with a high degree of predictability
- Pathogenesis and diagnosis of pulpal and periradicular disease
- Pain management and local anaesthetic techniques
- Isolation techniques using rubber dam
- Role of CBCT in endodontics
- Operative microscope in endodontics
- Molar teeth access cavity preparation
- Use of Ultrasonics in access cavity preparation and finding MB2 canals
- Root canal anatomy and implications for root canal treatment
- Importance and strategies to achieve glide path
- Rotary endodontics using latest instruments
- Latest concepts and techniques to achieve disinfection of the root canal system
- Management of curved canals
- Three dimensional obturtation systems
- Prevention and management of ledge formation
- Importance of coronal seal
- Latest bulkfill material in post endodontic restoration
- Concepts and solutions to restore endodontically treated teeth
- Management of badly broken down teeth
- Problem-solving- management of perforation (Perforation repair)
- Single vs multiple visits endodontics
- Case based learning
- Patient management in endodontics
- Medicolegal issues in endodontics
- Group reflection and feedback
A/Prof Dr Abhishek Parolia
BDS (Manipal), MDS (Manipal), MFDS RCPS (Glasgow), MFDS RCPS (Edinburgh), PHD (IMU), Associate Dean, Postgraduate, Continuing Education and Research, School of Dentistry, International Medical University, Malaysia
Dr Preena Sidhu
BDS (KLE University), MDS (RGUHS), Senior Lecturer 1, School of Dentistry, International Medical University, Malaysia
Prof Dr Seow Liang Lin
BDS (Malaya), MSc (London), FDSRCS (England), PhD (Malaya), Dean School of Dentistry, International Medical University, Malaysia
- Any cancellation of registration must be made in writing to the Secretariat of Workshop on Demystifying Molar Endodontics 2023.
- There will be a full refund of registration fee for cancellation made by 19 March 2023.
- There will be a 50% refund of registration fee for cancellation made before 19 April 2023.
- There will be a 30% refund of registration fee for cancellation made before 5 May 2023.
- There will be no refund of registration fee for cancellations made after 5 May 2023.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or change the topic of the programme, if for whatever reasons beyond its control, the programme cannot be held as scheduled or the topics need to be altered.