Advanced Biostatistics – Multivariate analyses (1 Credit Hour)
COURSE DATE: 16 JANUARY 2023
Inferences made about association and causation primarily depends up on application of epidemiological data to rigorous statistical analyses of data on putative factors that are linked with the outcome variable. This module builds up on the application of concepts of biostatistics and interpret the associations of an outcome variable with several independent variables to assess the strength and direction of association models.
Learn more about IMU’s MSc in Public Health programme.
Mode of Delivery / Credit Hours
- Synchronous = ( 25 %)
Asynchronous = ( 75 %)
- Credit Hour: 1
- Appraise the causality between outcome variable and several exposure variables in terms of collinearity, effect modifiers, and confounding factors.
- Propose an appropriate modelling strategy to select variables, identify interaction and linear trends, and r elate results from multivariable analysis to those from table – based techniques
- Introduction to advanced biostatistics
- Multivariate analyses; simple and linear regression analyses
- Logistic regression for the analysis (binary Outcomes)
- Confounders, effect modifiers, collinearity, masking
- Time to event data: survival analyses and Cox regression (proportional hazards regression)
- Survey logistic regression from complex (clustered survey data)
- Undergraduate students
- Postgraduate students (MSc and PhD)
- Research staff
- Early career academic staff
- Dr Chandrashekhar T Sreeramaredd
Dr Chandrashekhar T Sreeramareddy received his MBBS (1999), from Bangalore Medical College and MD (2003) degree in community medicine from Kasturba Medical College, Manipal India. He has over 17 years of teaching experience for undergraduate and postgraduate students. Dr Chandrashekhar has vast experience in research and published over 100 research papers on various public health issues. His current research interests are Epidemiology and Control strat egies of Tuberculosis, Epidemiology of tobacco use and tobacco control.
REGISTRATION FEE (inclusive of SST)
|General / Public||RM840|
|Students & Alumni||RM672|