Accreditation For Healthcare Dietetics And Food Service – Are You Ready?
This first short course aims to address the main challenges and barriers to prepare before, during and after the processes of obtaining several key accreditation and standards (local and international) related to healthcare dietetics and food services in the hospital. The details on Halal requirement will also be covered.
The course would be mainly delivered by speakers and facilitators from IMU, Institut Jantung Negara and Ministry of Health. Besides the theoretical principles of accreditation, valuable past experiences will be shared in obtaining accreditation for their dietetics and food services.
- Explain different types of local and international accreditation and standards specific for dietetics and food services
- Explain the Halal requirement and the processes involved to obtain Halal certification for the healthcare kitchen
- Describe the steps involved in accreditation process and the requirements for the organisation
- Develop a road map to address areas of weakness and identify appropriate methods to approach the organisation’s accreditation
- Identify the pitfalls and how to avoid them in the accreditation process
SPEAKERS AND FACILITATORS
- Mary Easaw
Senior Lecturer, Consultant Dietitian
- Datin Stella Ainun bte Abdullah
- Mastari Mohamad
Manager & Head of Department, Dietetics & Food Services
- Mustaffa Mohd Noor
Food & Beverage Controller, Dietetics & Food Services
- Ng Ai Kah
Lecturer & Dietitian