A Paradigm Shift Towards Anatomical Shaping In Endodontics Workshop
Online & F2F
- Day 1
Online lecture sessions via Zoom
20 September 2021 (Monday)
1:30pm – 5:30pm (GMT +8)
- Day 2
Hands-on sessions at IMU
25 September 2021 (Saturday)
8:30am – 12:30pm
Root Canal Therapy (RCT) is gaining interest and is now the treatment of choice for most dentist as they practice conservative dentistry (no extraction of teeth). However, RCT can be challenging and time consuming. Operator skill, experience, and knowledge of new technology in endodontics can greatly enhance the outcome of RCT. This workshop focuses on developing operator skills through lecture and a hand-on session in the use of XP-3D rotary system (Brassler, USA) which emphasises on minimally invasive anatomical cleaning of the root canal system and maintaining the canal’s natural anatomy followed by three dimensional obturation of root canal using recently developed Bioceramic Sealer. Here we share our clinical expertise on the current updates on this rotary system and Bioceramic Sealer for RCT and help participants gain condence in their use.
* The participants are required to bring any access opened molar tooth/teeth to practice on.
- Participants will be given a starter kit of XP-3D rotary les free of cost.
- Participants can gain experience in the use of Dental Operating Microscope for performing RCT during the hands-on session.
- Describe the methods of negotiating canals and creating a glide path.
- Demonstrate the use of XP-3D rotary file system and the Bioceramic sealer obturation in a clinical setting.
- Compare the indications, advantages and limitations of the rotary file system and sealer.
- Evaluate independently the shaping of canals with rotary system and obturation using bioceramic sealer.
- Dr Sultan Omer Sheriff
Senior Lecturer, IMU
- Dr Preena Sidhu
Senior Lecturer, IMU
Registration Fee (inclusive of SST)
|Lecture Only||Lecture + Hands-On|
|Early Bird (Before 20 July 2021)||RM225||RM650|
|IMU Staff / Alumni / Student (Non IMU)||RM210||RM525|