Speech and Drama
Dates: 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 July and 7 Aug 2019
Venue: International Medical University, Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The workshops are designed to encourage the development of confidence and creativity through speech and drama. This is accomplished through the performance of a range of themes, sharing ideas, exchanging views and negotiating; working towards, the end goal, the preparation and delivery of a presentation.
Participants in the workshops will have the opportunity to develop the skills needed for achievement in their social and professional lives, while simultaneously developing their imagination and expressive abilities
- Interpersonal skills – relating to others appropriately with ease, confidence and awareness
- Expressive speaking – interpreting a range of themes and communicating them imaginatively in performance and interview
- Practical speaking – sharing information imaginatively or through improvisation, with an audience
- Writing skills – exploring, recording and reflecting upon the context of practical work in written English and practising script writing
- Kathleen Fernandez
Communication Trainer & Life Coach
- Dr Sheba D.Mani
Department of Language, Communication and Culture
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Foundation in Science students
- Any cancellation of registration must be made in writing to the Secretariat of Workshop on Speech and Drama.
- There will be a full refund of registration fee for cancellation made by 3 May 2019.
- There will be a 50% refund of registration fee for cancellation made before 3 June 2019.
- There will be a 30% refund of registration fee for cancellation made before 16 June 2019.
- There will be no refund of registration fee for cancellations made after 18 June 2019.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or change the topic of the programme, if for whatever reasons beyond its control, the programme cannot be held as scheduled or the topics need to be altered.
DECLARATION AND AUTHORISATION
- I confirm that the above information is correct and I will inform IMU when there is any change to this information.
- I have read, understood and consent to the processing of my personal data as set out in the enclosed Privacy Notice.
The organiser reserves the right to make such alterations to the programmes as circumstances dictate and will not accept responsibility for any errors, omissions or changes made to the speakers’ information. The views and opinions expressed by the speakers at this workshop are not necessarily the views and opinions of the organiser.