Short Course: Care of Disable Client
(2 days) – Tentative dates: TBA
This course focuses on care for disable client resulted from occupational / industrial / non industrial injuries. It focuses on rehabilitation care for clients. It aims to provide basic care skills for caretakers.
This 2 days course will be conducted with theory and practical component.
Theoretical components consist of discussions, sharing experience, presentations on topics:
- Ambulatory/Transfer assistance
- Wound care management
- Personal hygiene care and incontinence (including care of catheter and stoma care)
- Medication administration
- Dialysis support
Additional modules can be included based on client’s needs.
Practical components, where participants will be divided into small groups for:
- Use of manikin and simulated patient
- Demonstration given by facilitators and return demo by participants
Intended learning outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Provide direct personal care to patients
- Develop a plan of care to meet patient’s identified needs
- Acquire the essential skills and knowledge of caring for disable clients
Caretakers, healthcare workers and open to individuals who would like to provide care family members and loved ones.