Managing Financial Woes with Debt Restructuring
Online via Zoom
- A8 – 5 (By MMA)
During the Covid-19 pandemic, many organisations and business owners are faced with financial challenges, hence a sound financial strategy and decision is crucial to steer business towards profitability. This programme aims to help all businesses to clarify about debts before making financial decisions such as loans that may affect long term business.
This workshop examines what are the considerations on the part of the banks in deciding whether to restructure a debt, and what are the alternatives available to banks.
It walks the participants through the steps and issues involved in debt restructuring and explains each one in considerable details. It also sheds lights on the behaviour of lending banks in different scenarios of restructuring.
Upon completion of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Have a glimpse on how banks, in structuring and offering financing facilities, can contribute to non-performing loans.
- Have a grasp in what are the issues banks typically consider when they deliberate on whether to opt for debt restructuring and not a loan recall.
- Understand what could come with debt restructuring – corporate and financial restructuring and how they work.
- Comprehend the steps and issues involved in debt restructuring.
- Have a glimpse of how banks would typically behave in different scenarios of debt restructuring.
- Yeow Tiang Hui
Director, Commercial Banking Asian Banking School Online
Mr Yeow Tiang Hui graduated in Economics from the National University of Singapore, and is a trained banker from the Institute of Banking & Finance in Singapore, Deutsche Bank Asia Pacific, and Citibank Asia Pacific Banking Institute. He has more than 30 years of experience in the banking & investment sectors and has served in United Overseas Bank, Deutsche Bank, Citibank, including international exposure in Crédit Industriel et Commercial. He also held corporate positions in Kuwait Finance House and is the former CEO of Alkhair International Islamic Bank Bhd.
REGISTRATION FEE (inclusive of SST)
|IMU Staff / Alumni / Student (Non IMU) / Industrial Partner||RM350|