Healthcare Strategic Management (3 Credit Hours)
The aim of this course is to help learners develop skills in business analysis and strategic thinking. The exercises will help them deepen their understanding of the strategy context both internal and external to their organisations and familiarise them with the thought-leadership literature in the strategy field. The learners will be required to apply key strategy concepts to organisational contexts and to develop a critical appreciation of the role and impact of strategy. The course learners will explore key ideas and theories in the field and how companies successfully develop and implement strategies.
Learn more about the IMU’s MBA in Healthcare Management CLICK HERE
Mode of Delivery / Credit Hours
- Synchronous: 44% (%)
- Asynchronous: 0 (%)
- Independent learning time: 56%
- Credit Hours: 3
- CLO1: Assess strategic business analytics and account the relationships between this discipline and other areas of business to make holistic judgments in analysing business situations.
- CLO2: Display strategic leadership in creating a learning and an ethical organisation.
- CLO3: Assemble strategic approaches in adopting key success factors to managing a healthcare business.
- CLO4: Explain how business entities can lose their competitive advantage.
- Introduction to Strategic Management:
Strategic Management: Creating Competitive Advantages
- Analysing the Internal and External Environment of the Organization
- Value Chain Analysis, Recognising a Firm’s Intellectual Assets: Moving beyond a Firm’s Tangible Resources
- Business-Level Strategy: Creating and Sustaining Competitive Advantages
- Corporate-Level Strategy: Creating Value through Diversification
- International Strategy: Creating Value in Global Markets
- Entrepreneurial Strategy and Competitive Dynamics
- Strategic Control and Corporate Governance
- Creating Effective Organisational Designs
- Strategic Leadership: Creating a Learning Organisation and an Ethical Organisation
- Managing Innovation and Fostering Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Strategic Monitoring: Establishing Strategic Controls
- Strategic Evaluation and Decision Making
- Improvement to Build Customer Value
- Continuous Quality imperative, ISO 9001, McKinsey 7-S model, balanced scorecard methodology
- Analysing Strategic Management Cases
- Healthcare Industry Related Cases
- Healthcare workers
- Graduates working in healthcare industry
- Working adults with no degree but is aged 30-years and above with minimum five years working experience
- Fresh graduates from medical program
- Brig. Gen. Prof Datuk Dr Hj. Adnan bin Abdullah
Dean of the Faculty of Medicine and Defence Health (FMDH), National Defence University of Malaysia (NDUM)
Brig. Gen. Prof Datuk Dr Hj. Adnan bin Abdullah who is currently holding the position of the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine and Defence Health (FMDH), National Defence University of Malaysia (NDUM) has been serving in the medical field for more than 20 years. He has a niche experience in underwater, occupational, military and disaster medicine. He has been sharing his knowledge to the students and public on the awareness of setting up and managing a field hospital.
- Ms Hoo Ling Lee
CEO of Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur, Parkway Pantai Limited
Ms Hoo Ling Lee, the current CEO of Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur, Parkway Pantai Limited. She has over 18 years of experience in managing and running hospital operations both in Malaysia and Singapore. Her key strengths are in business development with total projects worth over RM3.0 billion; she works on deal negotiation and structuring amongst others. She does strategic planning to formulate pricing and value creation; operating hospitals to grow revenue, manage costs, recruit doctors and engage with customers.
- Professor Haslinda Abdullah @ Betsy Bennet
Professor in the Faculty of Defence Studies and Management, National Defence University Malaysia (NDUM)
Professor Haslinda Abdullah is currently teaching in the National Defence University Malaysia (NDUM). She has a keen research interest in Strategic Management, Organizational Development Management and Performance and Career Management amongst others. Her current research areas and topics are Disaster, Emergency Management and Humanitarian Assistance, Leadership and Human Resources related topics. Her work experience over the last 30 years covers positions of Administration Executive, Employee Development Manager and Professor within various universities both in Malaysia and in the UK.
REGISTRATION FEE (inclusive of SST)
|General / Public||RM2700|
|Students & Alumni||RM2160|