Fundamentals in Implant Dentistry (2 Credit Hours)
COURSE DATE: 30 MAY 2023
This fundamental course in dental implantology will enable beginners in implant dentistry to achieve competence in case selection and treatment planning for straightforward cases in implant dentistry. This course will provide an understanding of the development, scope, infection control standards, and preparation of the dental clinic and patient to safely practice implant dentistry. The learner will develop skills in dental imaging, photographic and radiographic documentation, and communication with the patient. Upon completion of the entire course, learners will be able to perform case selection and treatment planning in implant dentistry and demonstrate placement of dental implants on simulated patient models.
- Online asynchronous lectures and self-assessment which addresses the need for flexibility in learning hours for the learners (especially general dental practitioners with a busy schedule who are unable to achieve additional certification/learning).
- Weekend face-to-face hands-on practical skills workshops
- Opportunity for credit transfer to the Post-Graduate Diploma in Implant Dentistry (PGDID) upon successful completion and certification.
- Opportunity for participants (including overseas participants) to complete only Module 1 (Online) to receive a badge of completion of the online component.
Find out more about the IMU Implant Dentistry (Postgraduate Diploma) programme CLICK HERE
Mode of Delivery / Credit Hours
- Synchronous = 40 (%)
Asynchronous = 40 (%)
- Credit Hours: 2
- Apply fundamental scientific knowledge of implant dentistry, including patient assessment protocols, diagnosis, and treatment planning to patient care.
- Appraise infection control protocols and contemporaneous record-keeping guidelines, including appropriate, photographic records and written consent, relevant to clinical practice.
- Demonstrate comprehensive patient assessment, including photography and relevant investigations, diagnosis, treatment planning and surgical placement of a dental implant.
- Demonstrate digital planning and simulation of implant placement.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills related to patient safety, professional interactions with the patient to ethically and culturally acceptable standards.
- Comprehensive treatment planning for partial and complete edentulism
- Hands-on workshops on implant placement and impression techniques.
- General Dental Practitioners
- Dental Specialists
- Undergraduate Dental Students
- Post-Graduate Dental Students
- Prof Seow Liang Lin (IMU)
- Dr Pravinkumar Patil (IMU)
- Dr Nikos Matheos (Chulalongkorn University, Malmo University) (Introductory lecture and Interview)
- Dr Rohit Kunnath Menon (IMU)
- Dr Ranjeet Ajit Bapat (IMU)
- Dr Tanay Vijaykumar Chaubal (IMU)
REGISTRATION FEE (inclusive of SST)
|General / Public||RM4500|
|Students & Alumni||RM3600|
Create an Account
If you are an ICL member, please click here to log in.