Food Safety And Sustainability During The Covid-19 Pandemic
- A2 – 8 (By MMA)
Online via Zoom
The situation in the world took a complete turn in March 2020. The COVID-19 pandemic created fear and stress to the population in the world. This took a toll in many sectors of business worldwide.
Management of food safety and sustainability became a signicant concern among food service managers, be it those working in commercial or non-commercial settings. Amidst the pandemic, they were accountable to ensure safe food for patients in hospitals despite restricted food availability, substantial increase in food supply cost, and overall limited food budget.
Further to this, due to the lockdown, only 50% of the staff was working on-site on alternate shifts. This situation raised the concern of food safety among the food service providers. Furthermore, food safety audits had to be conducted virtually.
This workshop will provide an insight of sustainable measures taken to manage food safety and food sustainability in the current challenging work environment.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- obtain up-to-date information and knowledge on food safety and sustainability during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- attain up-to-date information and knowledge on operations of food service in terms of food safety.
- acquire skills and knowledge to conduct food safety audits in the perspective of a non-food service personnel.
- demonstrate skills in conducting virtual food safety audits during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Mary Easaw, Malaysia
Senior Lecturer, N&D Division, Consultant Dietitian for CVSKL
- Clara Ming Pi, Hong Kong
Consultant Dietitian for Food Service and Adjunct Associate Professor of Hong Kong University
- Nur Hayati bt Azmi, Malaysia
Dietitian in Clinical and Food Service, Hospital KPJ Ampang
- Kalaywani Marimuthu, Malaysia
Executive Quality in Dietetics and Food Service, Institut Jantung Negara
- Ramesh Gopal, Malaysia
Director, KONEXT Sdn Bhd
Registration Fee (inclusive of SST)
|Early Bird (Before 31 Oct 2021)||RM100|
|IMU Staff / Alumni / Student (Non- IMU)||RM105|