Elearning Essentials (1 Credit Hour)
Course Date: 29 January 2022
Elearning Licence basic consists of 10 short modules. These modules are fundamental for learners who want to develop digital literacy skills and competencies in designing and developing online learning materials and activities. It covers five main areas of elearning which are
- Instructional design
- Learning management system
- Interactive content development
- Video development
- Web tools for engagement.
Mode of Delivery / Credit Hours
- Open and Distance Learning (ODL)
Synchronous = 2 hours (5%)
Asynchronous = 38 hours (95%)
- Credit Hours: 1
- Create a rich multimedia content using MS PowerPoint.
- Develop lesson plan for online learning based on Gagne’s 9 events of instruction.
- Apply instructional design principles, Gagne’s model, and frameworks to develop a meaningful learning experience.
- Identify the right instructional design strategy based on learning requirements to deliver the content.
- Manage and create learning resources and activities using learning management system.
- Develop an engaging interactive learning material using elearning authoring tool.
- Create Assignment and Assessment using learning management system.
- Create and share online interactive activities, engage audience and gather live feedback using web tool.
- Edit video clips and create a video from still images using video editing tool.
- Microsoft PowerPoint Basic
- Creating a teaching Video using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Creating a Lesson Plan Based on Gagne’s 9 Events of Instruction for Online Learning
- The Application of Instructional Design to Develop Teaching Slides
- Instructional Design Strategy 101
- LMS | Basic Course Management
- LMS | Basic Assignment and Assessment
- Introduction to an Interactive Course Development
- Using web tools for classroom engagement
- Video Editing | Learn How to Create Videos Fast Using Shotcut
- Content designer
- Instructional Designers
- Multimedia developers
- School teachers
- Learning Management System Administrators
- Hasnain Zafar Baloch
Manager, eLearning Dept
Hasnain has more than twenty years’ hands-on experience in implementing e-Learning in higher education. Hasnain has passion for new technologies, social collaboration strategies and the impact they have on learning. He has done research in several key e-Learning areas, including mobile collaborative learning, Hospital Management System, Student Information System, social media, Web 2.0, educational gaming, role-play simulation, virtual classroom, Learning (Content) Management system, engagement tools, MOOCs, ODL, e-Learning standards. Hasnain holds the Master of Science (Computer Science) from Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia.
- Zabibah Ibrahim
Zabibah possess in depth knowledge of learning management system (LMS) specifically for MOODLE. She been expose to e-learning environment since 2001 when she started working in content development for SMARTSCHOOL for MOE of Malaysia. She is very enthusiasm in providing consultation of using LMS in delivering and conducting online activities. She has experienced managing LMS about 14 years since joining IMU. She has been conducting a few series of training on LMS to IMU as well as a few corporate.
- Norhasliza Hashim
Assistant Manager, eLearning Helpdesk and Support
Norhasliza has experiences in managing Moodle LMS, teaching Basic IT, conducted variety of training which includes Moodle LMS Basic and Advance Level, Microsoft Application, and Enhancing Learning Through Gamification. She has proven to demonstrate coaching skills, creativity, excellent communication, and presentation skills. Norhasliza holds a bachelor’s degree in Business and Administration as well as a Diploma in Computer Studies. Her specialties and interests includes elearning, Learning Management System, Learning Design and Communication, Educational Technologies, Content Design and Development.
- Fareeza Marican bt Abu Backer Maricar
Senior Instructional Designer
Fareeza is a highly creative person and possess in depth knowledge of Instructional design and eLearning in wide variety of training, eLearning in corporate and educational environment with 15 years of experience. She is fluent with many delivery models including blended solutions, instructor-led training, eLearning, WBT, user guides, OJT and job aids. Fareeza holds a master’s degree in Instructional Multimedia and proficient in various of eLearning authoring tools. Her specialties and interests include Instructional Design, E-learning, Visual Communication, Training and Presentation Design, Learning Technologies and Solutions, and Learning Management System.
- Aida Lina Alias
Aida Lina Alias is a senior executive, elearning in International Medical University. She graduated in Bachelor in Multimedia from Universiti Putra Malaysia. Aida has a proven track record of skilled in multimedia design, videography and learning management system as she worked in various company before joining IMU in 2006 until now. She is a highly creative person and possess in depth knowledge of multimedia design and learning management system.
- Mohd Fadzil Bin Zainal Anuar
Mohd Fadzil has ten years working experience in creative work and technology-based learning module creation. He is a goal and team-oriented designer/ developer with experience working for the business and higher education industry. He is well-versed in user interface and user experience (UI/UX) design, instructional design, extended reality (XR) development, project management process, and problem-solving. He has introduced a new way of teaching and learning in IMU using technology, utilizing virtual, interactivity, and gamification as the medium and won several innovation awards with the IMU faculty.
- Nurman Effendy Bin Mohd Asmuni
Nurman Effendy is a performance-driven and creative Multimedia Designer with a 9 years’ experience in producing original multimedia animations, photography, editing videos, and developing digital elements for teaching and learning materials. Possessing a strong attention to detail and deep passion for video production.
- Marliana Omar Bakhi
Marliana possess in depth knowledge of Instructional design and eLearning in variety of training, eLearning in corporate and educational environment. She holds a master’s degree in Technical Vocational Education and with over 10 years of experience, she is excel at producing and delivering powerful learning tools to better meet learners’ needs. Her specialties and interests include Instructional Design, e-learning, Visual Communication, Learning Design, Training Design, Presentation Design, Learning Technologies and Solutions, Content Design & Development, and Learning Management System.
REGISTRATION FEE (inclusive of SST)
|General / Public||RM500|
|Students & Alumni||RM400|