Dentist-Patient Interaction and Communication Skills Course (Preparation for MFDS Part 2 Exam)
The International Medical University (IMU), School of Dentistry, is organising the above course to assist dental practitioners planning to sit for the Membership of the Faculty of Dental Surgery (MFDS) Part Two Examination of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
The course will be over two full days and is designed to be a comprehensive clinical oriented programme focusing on patient centered dentist-patient interactions and communication skills relevant to the examination.
There will be lectures and discussions covering topics which will include history taking, explaining special tests, explaining diagnosis and prognosis, discussing treatment options and treatment planning, consent taking, breaking bad news and handling complaints.
Very importantly, the workshop will include within it, practice objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) stations and a mock exam with OSCE stations depicting the array of clinical scenarios encountered in the examination.
To fully benefit from this workshop, participants should already possess the expected basic knowledge in the relevant fields in dentistry as outlined in the MFDS Part 2 exam syllabus at the level of a practicing dentist.
Patient centred dentist-patient interactions and communication skills are very important aspects of dental practice and as such, dentists, especially those just starting out, will find this course useful even if they are not planning to sit for the examination.
- To inform candidates about the MFDS Part 2 Examination.
- Provide revision in the key areas that will be encountered in the exam.
- Provide some practice in OSCE.
- Give participants the opportunity to participate in a mock examination.
Who should attend?
Dental practitioners planning to sit for the MFDS Part 2 Examination
- An appreciation of the examination format, breadth and depth of knowledge and communication skills required.
- Self-assessment and reflection of knowledge and skills as well as identification of gaps in these areas.
- Development of patient centred dentist-patient interactions and communication skills.
Dental specialists in all fields of dentistry
REGISTRATION FEE (inclusive of 6% GST)