Building a Successful Research Career: Workshop 2: Experimental Design & Statistics
About This Workshop
This introductory level workshop focuses on basic experimental design and statistical concepts. It gives an introduction to quantitative measurement and analysis in health science research, covering topics such as sample size calculation, descriptive and inferential statistics, modern graphical techniques, confidence intervals and hypothesis testing for both numerical and categorical data. No prior statistical software experience is assumed.
Topics Will Include
- Understand quantitative research design.
- Recognize and link basic concepts of statistics with “what it means” and “when it is used”.
- Determine and implement the appropriate statistical analysis needed to answer your research question based on the type of data collected.
Registration Fee (Workshop)
|Early Bird (before 30 April 2019)||RM400|
You can join a series of 5 related workshops at a discounted rate. The workshops are:
- Writing Winning Proposals
- Experimental Designs & Statistics
- Research Supervision & Integrity
- Research Project Management
- Scientific Writing & Publishing
Register for all 5 workshops HERE.
- Assoc Prof Dr Cho Ming Naing
- Assoc Prof Dr Weang Kee Ho
- Dr Chong Chun Wie
- Any cancellation of registration must be made in writing to the Secretariat of Short Course on Building a Successful Research Career.
- There will be a full refund of registration fee for cancellation made by 24 April 2019.
- There will be a 50% refund of registration fee for cancellation made before 24 May 2019.
- There will be a 30% refund of registration fee for cancellation made before 10 June 2019.
- There will be no refund of registration fee for cancellations made after 10 June 2019.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or change the topic of the programme, if for whatever reasons beyond its control, the programme cannot be held as scheduled or the topics need to be altered.
DECLARATION AND AUTHORISATION
- I confirm that the above information is correct and I will inform IMU when there is any change to this information.
- I have read, understood and consent to the processing of my personal data as set out in the enclosed Privacy Notice.
The organiser reserves the right to make such alterations to the programmes as circumstances dictate and will not accept responsibility for any errors, omissions or changes made to the speakers’ information. The views and opinions expressed by the speakers at this workshop are not necessarily the views and opinions of the organiser.