1st IMU-Hospital Tuanku Ja’afar Seremban MRCPCH (Mock) Clinical Examination Preparatory Course
An intensive one day course organised to prepare candidates for the MRCPCH Clinical Examination organized by By the Department of Paediatrics, IMU Clinical School, Seremban in collaboration with Department of Paediatrics Hospital Tuanku Ja’afar, Seremban Ministry of Health.
Provide the opportunity for candidates to experience the real situation and timing of
the MRCPCH Clinical Examination setting of 152 minutes.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CPD COURSE
- Intensive and interactive one day clinical mock training with feedback
- Specifically designed for preparing candidates for upcoming MRCPCH Clinical in October 2015 and February 2016
- Covers all 10 clinical exam stations:
– Clinical (5 stations)
– Communication (2 stations)
– History taking and management skills
– Video station
- One candidate per actual circuit with one observatory candidate
- Candidates will tackle the clinical stations on their own (with 1 observatory candidate) which allows practice of actual situation and timing of real examination scenarios
- A wide variety of clinical cases – patients are recruited from the local patient population
- Run like the real examination with examiners marking on score sheets and immediate feedback given after the circuit
YBhg Prof Dato’ Dr (Mrs) ST Kew
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Senior Paediatric Medical Officer / Paediatric Registrars
|0800 – 0820||Registration|
|0820 – 0840||Welcome & Keynote Address by Head of Paediatrics Department
IMU and Hospital Tuanku Ja’afar, Seremban
|0840 – 0850||Introduction / Orientaton to Circuits|
|0850 – 0900||Examiners and Candidates Final Preparation|
|0900 – 1200||Mock Clinical Examination (Actual 152 Minutes Circuit)|
|1200 – 1330||Debriefi ng & Feedback from Examiners|
|1330 – 1430||Lunch and Opportunities with Patients|
|1430 – 1700||
Tricks and Treats
|1700 – 1730||Discussion: The Night Before, The Morning During… What Now?
Refl ection, Evaluation and Feedback
REGISTRATION FEE (inclusive of 6% GST)
- Limited to 12 candidates and 12 observers